Its an annual celebration that the Logical team work hard to achieve, our infamous Christmas party or should I say, Christmas Vacation, is the highlight of the team’s year. So when the announcement was made that team AUS were headed to Bali for a week, excitement would be an understatement!!
After recent growth in the company this trip was the perfect way for the team to relax after a hard year and really bond. Ever wondered the best way to get to know a new team member? Sit next to them on a 5hr flight to Indonesia, you will soon know their life story!
We were fortunate to stay at the beautiful Kashantee Village, this resort of villas was only a stone throw away from Seminyak’s Pantai Batu Belig beach, all major beach clubs and local shopping. Nestled In the palm trees Kashantee Village provided a relaxing escape from the hustle and bustle of Bali’s traffic logged streets.
At the heart of the village was a large emerald pool and restaurant where you could find us for hours at a time. We would sunbathe with Bintang’s in hand, swim in the rain and eat some of the best corn fritters your will ever try! not to mention the daily visits to the spa next door for $18 full body massages…
One of our big highlights from the trip would have to be the team night out in Kuta, hopping from one cheesy bar to another, and witnessing Jase the #GigCrasher in the flesh!
For those of you who don’t know, our Director Jason Demillo is Logical by day and Lead singer of Pow! by night. Crashing gigs all over Kuta, Jase wowed the locals with covers by the likes of the Killers & the Beatles.. making for an entertaining evening for the team who got to bust a move and turn into unofficial hype men for the night!
To end a relaxing week we took to the water slides at Waterbom Bali, burning off the Bintang’s by climbing to extreme heights to tackle fears of big drops and compete to be the fastest to the bottom.
Although some of us struggled with the 100% humidity, the friendly locals, cheap massages, great team and passionfruit martinis definitely made the for a memorable week away. A huge thank you to our awesome senior leadership team who recognised our hard work and truly believe A Happy Team = A Productive Team!
If you ever find yourself in the area here is our top 5 spots to visit:
– Kashantee Village – Retreat in the heart of Seminyak
– Pantai Batu Belig – Picturesque beach for sunbaking during the day, lined with local bars for cheap evening drinks.
– Finns Beach Club – Great views, great music and not too posey.
– Motel Mexicola – Awesome Mexican bar with delicious guac, where diners are encouraged to stop mid-meal to dance on tables to classic beats.
– Waterbom Bali – Located in Kuta, Waterbom is one of Asia’s top water parks featuring over 15 rides/attractions to suit the whole family. You could easily spend a day riding the hydro slides, getting massages or chilling at the pool bar!